(347) 881-6602 • email@example.com
Accomplished Creative Director with a wide range of corporate branding and design implementation expertise. Experience spans iconic brands and industries including: a major sports league, a well-known lifestyle brand, a renowned publisher, a mass media conglomerate, and a multinational broadcast network. Known for design forecasting, team management, on-site installation of environmental graphics, innovative cost-effective solutions and for executing quality deliverables of the highest standards. Expertise includes:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- User Interface (UI)
- Motion Graphics Direction
- Print/Digital Production
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, New York, NY 1996 – 2020
Major Professional Sports League
Senior Design Director / Lead Creative / Account Executive (1999-2020)
Senior Designer (1996-1999)
Recruited to establish first Design Group of ten staffers and four freelancers. Implemented and supervised brand identity campaigns handling advertising, packaging, concept development, licensing, event logos, art direction of on-site signage installations and promotional campaigns/collateral for all event categories. Simultaneously served as Account Executive facilitating clients’ expectations regarding management of the production timelines, budgets and all legal contracts. Provided state-of-the-art creative direction and quality control for all phases of print production.
- Saved millions of dollars in outsourcing costs by establishing the League’s first in-house Design Studio, developing efficient operating procedures and hiring staff.
- Pioneered the first-ever MLB Awards and All-Star Game Ring Programs. Designed the Willie Mays World Series MVP Award, the Mariano Rivera American League Reliever of the Year Award, the MLB Triple Crown Award and others. Additionally revitalized the player ring program by sourcing unique materials and creating complex designs, all while negotiating reduced production costs.
- Created All-Star Game concert graphics for Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, Demi Lovato, Imagine Dragons and others, as well as graphics for Spring Training, the MLB Draft, the All-Star Game and the World Series.
- Requested to serve as Project Lead based upon outstanding account and design performance by Special Events, Public Relations, Baseball Operations, MLB Productions, MLB Network, MLB International, Sponsorship and Consumer Products as well as by MLB Global Sponsors, independent design agencies and print vendors.
- Generated profits and increased TV ratings by identifying and translating market trends into relevant themes and design programs.
- Grew additional revenue and enhanced team relationships by implementing the organization’s first MLB Mascot and Baby Mascot Programs, which evolved digitally into an online Style Guide resource for 30 MLB teams and their licensees.
- Designed, produced and supervised installations for MLB Community Activations for Stand Up To Cancer, Habitat for Humanity, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Welcome Back Veterans and others.
- Spearheaded set design, budget, and timeline management for the final MLB Player Draft scene of the Clint Eastwood movie, Trouble With The Curve.
RALPH LAUREN CORPORATION, New York, NY 1994 – 1996
Iconic American Lifestyle Fashion Brand
Senior Designer / Special Projects Department
Instrumental in the conceptualization of Ralph Lauren’s creative visions which resulted in his formulation of the Special Projects Department that ultimately developed into branded goods. Provided art direction and quality control for all phases of print production including package design and branding strategies.
- Identified and translated market trends into relevant themes and design programs that are still prized today for their authenticity and timeless style including Polo Sport, Polo Jeans Company and Lauren Apparel lines.
- Collaborated in translating Ralph Lauren’s vibrant color palette into his first interior paint collection for Home Depot.
WARNER MEDIA (formerly Time Warner) New York, NY
Worldwide Mass Media Corporation
Created in-store point of purchase displays and advertising collateral for the Publishing division. Collaborated with Editors, lllustrators and Photographers to create visual design concepts for newly released books. Adhered to tight deadlines, keeping titles on schedule and within budget.
- Generated additional revenue by creating compelling point-of-purchase displays for Barnes & Noble booksellers including Berry Gordy’s autobiography – To Be Loved: the Music, the Magic, the Memories of Motown.
DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS, New York, NY
Diversified Multinational Mass Media and Entertainment Conglomerate
Graphic Designer / Central Marketing Team
Executed all stages of package design from concept to completion. Worked directly with licensees to produce thematic style guides, marketing and branding projects.
- Created innovative package designs for the launch of Mickey & Co., Pocahontas and Bambi apparel lines.
- Attended Disney Character Design and Illustration classes taught by famed illustrator, Jeff Shelly.
ABC TELEVISION NETWORK, New York, NY
Multinational Commercial Broadcast Television Network
Graphic Design Intern / Daytime Television Prop Department
Designed promotional materials and various broadcast-related identities for ABC’s Broadcast Graphics Department.
- Designed props for General Hospital, Once Life To Live and Twin Peaks.
- Instrumental in organizing and cataloging ABC’s first Digital Chyron library.
- Co-produced documentary film on Ben Blank, founder of broadcast graphics and narrated by Peter Jennings.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Dean’s List • Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY